Tuesday nights we offer 'An Introduction to Running' group for beginners. This will introduce you to running at a pace you are comfortable with if you have not run much before, it is supported by current club members who are a friendly helpful lot and perhaps we can eventually encourage you to attend our Wednesday night club session. Please contact Becky Miles by email: [email protected]
Please see our Intro to running video, where you can have a sneak peak at what we get up to - https://youtu.be/sOVly2p_6MQ
Membership to Newquay Road Runners is open to runners of all abilities. Don’t be put off because you think you are not fast enough, we have a wide range of abilities within the club and one of them will suit you.
There is no compulsion to join the club on the first night, many of our members attended for a few weeks before taking the plunge – try before you buy! There’s also no compulsion to race if you don’t want to.
Our current membership numbers is well over 200. Many of our runners regularly compete in the county and throughout the UK. Many have ventured abroad and tried their luck in foreign parts.
The membership year runs from the Annual General Meeting, which is held in October. The current fee is £26 per year for an individual. Please download our membership form here.
For those who are looking to take up the sport for the first time, the club holds ‘An Introduction to Running’ session on a Tuesday evening, these will be from the Newquay Sports Centre at 6.30 p.m. meeting in the Reception area. Please wear hi-vis clothing during the winter evenings.
Club Night is Wednesday evening from Newquay Sports Centre at 6.30 p.m. for a 6.45 p.m. run. Showers and post training refreshments are available.
Some of the benefits of being a Newquay Road Runner:
- You no longer have to pay the £2 or more unattached fee on races entered
- Plenty of advice on training and all aspects of running from our club coaches , club captains, Leaders in Running Fitness (LiRF) and experienced members
- Social runs throughout the year
- Highly supportive of members participating in triathlons, cross-country, track, quadrathons, aquathlons, cycling etc
- Excellent social element to the club
- Access to club's website www.newquayroadrunners.co.uk
- Access to club's Facebook pages
Contact our Membership Secretary: Ray Frith on 01637 830539